Friday, August 27, 2004

I am off, away, far away from the world of binary codes and html. I stepping from my office door into vacation time and planned trips abroad. I couldn’t be more excited by my well deserved time off that I plan to do it justice by filling my days well.

Friday afternoon:
I leave at three. This will be the last time I get to leave a three on a Friday until next summer. I’m already mourning its demise. As alluded to in my post yesterday, the three redheads: Abby, Dana and myself may get together to collaborate on our new musical project: a Joy Division, Siouxsie and the Banshees influenced band (working title: Perfect Strangers.)

Friday Night:
Post laundry and packing Britpop dancing.

Saturday:
Finish The Debutantes demo and hop on a train headed to Washington where friends and a fancy hotel await my arrival. I am taking a super fast, super fancy Acela train that a friend once described as riding on butter. I will have to report on the smooth creaminess of my ride when I return. I plan to inappropriately occupy my time in the bar car and try not to morph into a business men as I will be surrounded by their droning for three long hours.

Saturday Night:
Arrive in DC, meet my friend Brian for dinner with his mom and her new husband and then off to a party hosted by his friend.

Sunday:
Wake up in fancy hotel and visit the restaurant downstairs that boasts having a large oak tree in the middle of the room. I can only hope that the urge to climb the tree does not beat down my inhabitations. I must make a mental note not to visit the tree whilst drunk on gin.

Sunday Night:
See my NYC transplant friend in Macbeth at the Shakespeare Theater. I will be attending the invited dress and feeling very important as I sit next to Kelly McGillis’s husband and Page Davis (both their spouses are in the play) while secretly hoping Kelly doesn’t show (My friend is her understudy). I will spend the night on the town with my friend in the play, which I hear in DC is an early one.

Monday – Friday
I, Brian and his green mini-van are headed to the Outer Banks to meet up with both our fathers, who are already there, separately with out knowledge of each other’s existence.

I plan to make full report when I return.

.

No comments: