Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Big Wig and Lots-o-Hair

I’m feeling unmotivated and uninspired today.

The right words remain trapped inside while the wrong ones wage warfare for their escape. I feel it’s best to remain with my lips firmly pressed together. I’m hoping my communication obstacles will not translate into the written word. I haven’t had an opportunity to test this fear. I will be brief. Safety is a measure best employed in these situations. This certainly is not a time to talk to loved ones or people looking for honest answers, regretting the questions. It is a time to be cryptic and mysterious, until one can best express themselves without offense.

It’s amazing how we do not escape the patterns established in early social situations, i.e. elementary-middle school. The dramas people create to satisfy desires to be apart of something bigger than them, even if fabricated. Ah the tedious office drama. The backhanded completments and lines drawn in the sand.

I have had nothing but work projects and obstacles by fellow employees all afternoon. I haven't had time to write emails or get outside in the supremely beautiful weather. Sad. My bosses are on some sort of lunch pow wow...all those figure heads eating at the same time make me nervous and hungry for chocolate.

No comments: