Monday, March 24, 2008

Dark Chocolate Bunny

And so another Monday arrives just as many before and many to follow. I begin my day navigating through the undulating waves of strangers fighting to cut you at the quick. My heart is no longer in the game and I let one selfish neck tie after the next overtake me at each stair, around each corner. I have no fight this morning and fall back into a leisurely pace, knowing it will not help with my tardy attendance record. Coffee in hand, dark glasses at the ready I emerge from the dank depths into sunlight that stings rather than warms this morning. I’ve chosen a path not unlike any other work day, it serves me fine, yet I resent it and am no longer speaking to my commute. I had an escape plan, a solution, a covert operation that would free me from commuter bondage and delivery me into a future where the sun does not sting the skin and faces smile at every turn. A future changed, this day goes down reluctantly, bad tasting medicine fighting its way back up.

No comments: