Wednesday, December 08, 2004

My Most Important Brooklyn

Yesterday’s update list failed to include my move to Brooklyn. I moved to Fort Greene to join my friends who wisely migrated east earlier. Though I’m still living out of boxes, eating out of boxes, dreaming about boxes crushing me to death, I'm so happy! Yay Brooklyn!
Brooklyn has unabashedly welcomed me into her arms even while I fussed generously over moving pains.

These are a few of my favorite things:
I inhabit a large room called the Parlor
I live blocks away from my favorite people
The chance of early morning tea over drunken late night gossip
Sleigh riding parties in the park/ hot chocolate in the parlor
A content cat sleeping in front of a very large window
Target (A short walk away)
New bars, eats, people (but not bars eating people or eating people at bars)
Dew drops on flowers and whiskers on kittens...

(Writing lists in a chaotic life provides some semblance of order.)

RHTL REPORT:

Tonight, the RHTL is searching for an alibi…hi-jinks and debauchery are expected to ensue.

No comments: