Tuesday, October 05, 2004

The Day After

I've been trying to blog for hours. I feel dumb and inarticulate today.

The Killers

Irving Plaza

It was a great show with an enthusiastic crowd. I was not disappointed; I was, in fact, impressed. The played my favorite song last. After the show, a well-dressed army filed into the hall and down the stairs. Dana and I detoured to the bathroom area where a tiny drunk girl was screaming at the girls in the bathroom line. “Hey! Hey! Is this some kind of line for America’s Next Top Model? Isn’t this like America’s next top model? I don’t want to alarm anyone but my friend. Him! Him! He is that guy. You know, the guy who picks America’s next top Model.”
After eluding the drunken girl’s observation, Dana and I escaped to the after party.

The Dark Room
Well....It started out fine. We got to the Dark Room early and claimed the booth near the door. The Killers filed in and sat in our oblong semi-circle booth. We looked like Dominos, line up in our white in black uniforms. The lead singer, Brandon, was really nice and introduced himself to us, because we were all sitting there. Dana and I said at the same time: "Great show!" like a good pair of choreographed redheads. It kind of all went down hill from there. I think I only had two beers...but somehow I was wasted. I talked to the lead singer later about the band James after we caught each other bouncing around to “Laid”. I declared that the love of the band was a New York thing...He reminded me he was from Vegas. Later that night I would just grab both his arms and shout “hey!” acting on a bond that did not form.

I was annoyed that no one was dancing at the after party (I think). It was the usual convention for the mutual admiration costumed hipsters gang (MACHG). Although, credit is due to the event for no guest list, no cover, and no VIP section,I would have like to see more dancing…maybe it would have slowed the even, breezy pace of my beer sipping, saving me from the piercing pain pounding in my brain.

I got home at 3:30 slept for 3 hours and ran to work with a pale interpretation of last nights make up and hair. I'm actually sleeping right now as I type.

I didn’t realize how drunk I was until Dana reminded me of events that I unconsciously glazed over in my mind. Http://peppermint-patty.blogspot.com/

No comments: