Friday, June 24, 2005

TGIF

This Friday brings great relief.
This week has labored on; it’s more odious attributes have only been exaggerated by my lack of sleep and affinity for the bottle. The days pressed on much like my co-workers comments to my appearance.

Cube neighbor: “you look tired.”
Me: “I am tired.”
Cube neighbor: “Why aren’t you sleeping?”
Me: “I’ve given it up.”
C.N.: “Really?”
Me: “No.”

I was a little cranky and short. (Some might say I’m always short standing a mere 5’11/2”, some being my Cube neighbor.)
Other comments to my form are as follows:

“Out late last night”
“Feeling ok?”
“Are you ok?”
“Do you take a Multivitamin? You should.”
“How many breakfasts is that?”
*“You, know I never realized how large your butt was; girl, you got junk in the trunk.”

*This last comment is not an exaggeration nor does it relate to me looking tired. It was by far my least favorite. I had to write it down so it would stop banging around in my head: bombarding and weakening self esteems foundations that have taken me a long time to construct.

TGIF

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think 5'11" is plenty tall in anyone's book. At least mine, since I am a diminutive 5'10."