Thursday, June 23, 2005

Haiku Part Two

It has recently been brought to my attention that Haiku's should mention nature.

Amended Blog Haiku:
Winter’s abrasion
It reminds me of my Blog
Cold barren wasteland

On a cheerier note, Pizza party!
We are having a pizza party at work (I don’t even work in a grade school.) The powers that be are buying the employees pizza and calling it a party “for no good reason”. Just the idea of free Pizza is getting me through book binding, faxing and filing with a smile.

“Pizza party” it reminds me of the infamous “Cathy Dean” sleepovers in grade school. It was a stereotypical girls gathering where bras are frozen and Dad’s shaving cream ends up in someone’s hair. You couldn’t fall asleep lest you wanted to wake up covered in sticky products or worse drawn on with markers. We would leave her house the next morning, sleep deprived, cranky, hating our “best friends” and generally mad at the world. But, a “Cathy Dean” party was an honor you couldn’t refuse. Kids are stupid.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

naturally nosy,
like summer dogs with hoses,
spray it, don't say it.

Anonymous said...

ok. it was brought to MY attention that nat-u-ral-ly has 4 syllables, not 3 (natch-ruh-ly), thus rendering my haiku wrong, wrong, wrong!

untannable nose,
becomes redder than a rose,
blinks: summer is here.

Jaime said...

Excellent Haikus!

Anonymous said...

my writer's group was all Haiku-y last Winter. We got Haiku notebooks for Christmas. I thought, hey, if it's just a matter of counting syllables and mentioning nature I can do Haiku too.

Can you - do Haiku?
Can you - count on beyond two?
When will Summer end?