Monday, January 31, 2005

At the Week's End

Goal Accomplished:

The contents of my handbag remained in my handbag for the duration of the weekend (Friday night pre-party / party, Saturday pre-party/ band watching/ dancing/ bagel store):

cell phone (This is a virtual miracle. I lose one cell phone per 6month span and I’m due. My phone enjoys leaping free from bags and more commonly coat pockets on to taxi cab floors or behind ATMs into glue traps. [I will neither confirm nor deny this ever happened])

ipod (which was thoughtfully removed in case I was not able to live up to my expectations and somehow would lose it in some freak, falling out of a moving cab incident; which I will neither confirm nor deny ever happened)

Wallet (this item was frequently removed and returned to my bag. I am able to recount its whereabouts throughout the weekend but not the money inside; it has vanished completely)

One pair of earrings: given to me by Dana for Christmas (They made it to my ears by Saturday evening after recovering an essential fastening element which had somehow attached itself to the back of my tights.)

Eyeliner/ Chap Stick/ lip-gloss (I frequently used and re-used these item; their location was never a surprise)

Metrocard (The metrocard has a special compartment in each of my bags. I’ve inadvertently destroyed too many monthly passes with irreversibly bending that I make a special effort where it’s concerned. They are also very slippery and prone to falling to unreachable/ unimaginable crevasses.)

Work ID (I must not remove my ID from my bag or I will forget to return it come Monday. Without my ID, I am subject to an intense two pronged security layover; it is annoying and time consuming. The work ID doesn’t play around; I do not touch it)

One Birthday check from Grandma (I need to deposit it in the bank, seriously. Last time I delayed deposit my Grandmother thought I had been killed by the big bad city. Fortunately, I still have it and we are both safe.)


RHTL UPDATE: The arrival of the uniforms marks a blessed occasion.

No comments: